We are working with a rapidly expanding player in the space industry, specializing in cutting-edge satellite technology for various missions - the plan is to democratize access to space.
We're seeking a motivated Systems Engineer to join our team and contribute to the development of our state-of-the-art satellites. In this pivotal role, you'll collaborate closely with our team of engineers and clients, driving projects forward and pushing the boundaries of space technology.
This company is experiencing rapid growth and is opening a new office in Denver, Colorado. We're assembling a high-performing team with a strong work ethic and a passion for innovation.
This position will primarily be based in our Denver office.
About the Role:
As a Systems Engineer you'll be responsible for communicating with clients, evaluating technical proposals, and ensuring the successful execution of satellite projects. Key responsibilities include defining system requirements, understanding client needs, and guiding projects through their lifecycle.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in relevant field (aerospace engineering, electronics, computer science, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in nanosat and/or smallsat design and development
- Knowledge of satellite systems and subsystems (communication, power, propulsion)
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and graphical)
- Located in the Denver area or willing to relocate
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
- Proficiency in satellite design and analysis software (e.g., SolidWorks)
- Experience with mission budget analysis
- Familiarity with orbit simulation tools (e.g., STK, GMAT)
- Experience with DFMEA
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (C/C++ or Python)
- Knowledge of UML/SysML
- Project and risk management skills
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira/Confluence)
- Health insurance coverage
- Matching 401k plan
- Performance-based bonus
- Opportunities for collaboration with international offices
- Salary range: $145,000 - $195,000 per year
We're looking to fill this role quickly, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted soon, with an expected start date in March 2024. If you're passionate about space technology and eager to contribute to our mission, we want to hear from you!