Systems Engineering Section Head
We are looking for a Systems Engineering Section Head to join one of the worlds best designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision control components and systems. If you are looking for a stable company, then this is it! The Santa Barbara operation provides sub-systems and components for every mission critical system on a modern military vehicle.
You will lead a team of 4-6 systems engineers, develop, maintain, and be responsible for the effectiveness of the Turreted Weapon system-level technical solution created to support the customer’s needs, identify and implement strategies that take advantage of synergies across multiple TWS projects or programs, lead major projects, process developments, and proposals that are critical to the success of the business, as well as plenty of other exciting activities!
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with Control Systems experience, preferably with an advanced degree
- At least 12 years of progressive experience in the field of System Engineering with 5 years leading development projects.
- Proven capabilities and competencies in Requirements Management, Verification and Validation Methods, Control System Design, Integration, and Test
- Experience managing projects and teams.
- Matlab / Simulink knowledge
- Hands-on experience working with the hardware and software aspects of electro-mechanical systems.
- Behavioral competencies include innovation and adaptability, communications and collaboration, and building strategic working relationships and customer focus.
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with military ground vehicle TWS solutions and fire control systems are strongly preferred.
- Ability to access U.S. export-controlled information.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. secret clearance.
If you have defense industry experience and/or military and/or ground vehicles background, this is a big plus, please apply now!!