Controls & Automation Engineer (PLC)
At EVONA we are looking for a Controls and Automation Engineer (PLC Engineer) to join our client in Norway.
The Role and Responsibilities
You will design, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade the control system of the rocket launch facility near Andenes (Andoya), Norway and will be technical responsible for both software and hardware elements of the control system. There will be close collaboration with the HQ control systems team for work on both this facility.
I involved in day to day operations, and will work alongside other engineers to operate the facility. It is expected that there will be a close connection to the other engineers, and the development of a deep understanding of facility systems and requirements.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop PLC software for existing and future control systems in Andoya
- Design PLC hardware setups and PLC-related networks
- Perform risk analyses and design safety-critical electrical systems
- Commission control systems and maintain/upgrade them
- Be the responsible for hardware and software related topics
- Perform rocket launch operations as part of the local engineering and operations team
- A degree in electrical engineering, automation technology, or similar, or a certified engineer (‘staatlich geprüfter Techniker’) in automation technology Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in automation and PLC technology
- Experience in the field of PLC programming (soft-PLC) and commissioning preferably using Beckhoff TwinCAT 3 or CODESYS based systems
- Experience in giving technical support and troubleshooting in the field and remotely
- Knowledge about fieldbus systems
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics Languages
- Fluent in English
A plus would be
- Knowledge of sensors/sensor signals and test equipment
- Experience designing and building PLC systems to EU and international standards, preferably with Beckhoff controllers
- Experience with functional safety system design and implementation