Radar System Engineer
Are you an Radar System Engineer looking for an opportunity within the space sector? On offer is the chance to join a company who are building proprietary satellites equipped
with radar, then launching them into space to improve weather
monitoring and forecasting capabilities.
The company are going from strength to strength experiencing year on year growth. They are leaders in their sector; this is an exciting and rare opportunity to join the team at a crucial time in their development.
This position would suit someone who has experience with remote sensing experience.
- Support the development of satellites from initial concept through initial on-orbit operations to meet technical and schedule requirements.
- Completion of systems engineering development, artifacts, and analyses supporting the design
- Verification planning and execution (test definition and processing, various analyses, etc)
- Radar calibration campaigns. From power measurements to corner reflectors, spherical point targets, and known surfaces data analysis.
- Modeling and characterization of RF subsystems, digital subsystems, antennas, and integrated radars.d
- Management of subcontractors
- Mechanical Interfaces, work closely with mechanical engineers in the design of instruments that meet the radar objectives of the mission.
- Experience with remote sensing (RADAR). This is NOT a general system engineering position.
- Good understanding of RF Payloads, KA-band (Precipitation frequency band) experience is a plus.
- Navigate software and/or hardware aspects of radar development.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment, have strong communication skills and not be afraid to ask for help.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Salary up to $140k
- unlimited PTO
- health, vision, and dental insurance
- long term disability insurance (covered by company)
- Vanguard 401k
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Flexible working