Senior Satellite Systems Engineer
We are working with a company who are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in space. Whether deploying constellations of interconnected satellites from LEO and cislunar volume or developing nuclear thermal propulsion engines to take explorers further into the solar system, making space more accessible than ever before
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer to join the team. This position can be located in Colorado, Virginia, Alabama or California.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support design and development of space system, segment and satellite subsystem design, integration and test.
- Provides adaptable support to the systems engineering organization. Responsibilities may include direct program systems engineering support, proposal development, or support to internal development tasks.
- Perform analysis and decomposition of system, segment and subsystem requirements.
- Lead development of system requirements, ICDs and test plans/procedures.
- Collaborate with program and engineering staff on design, integration and test matters and support other teams/disciplines as necessary.
- Support program design and readiness reviews.
- Support internal development and new business opportunities.
- Devises new approaches to resolve unusual or complex engineering problems.
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements, difficult coordination requirements, and special material requirements.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small contracts or single component projects.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a small team
- Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution
- 9+ years of experience with a Bachelors degree, 7+ years with a Masters Degree, or 4+ years with a PhD.
- At least 4 years of experience in space domain (satellite, launch or satellite ground system) experience is required.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License, original work(s) published in professional engineering journals, and invited to present one or more original works to an engineering symposium are desirable.
- Active and current TS/SCI clearance is preferred but not required