Satellite Systems Engineer
We are working with a company who are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in space. Whether deploying constellations of interconnected satellites from LEO and cislunar volume or developing nuclear thermal propulsion engines to take explorers further into the solar system, making space more accessible than ever before
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Spacecraft Systems Engineer to join their team! This position can be located in Colorado, Virginia, California or Alabama.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support design and development of space system, segment and satellite subsystem design, integration, and test.
- Interface with customers during program shaping, CONOPS development, Mission Architecture definition and requirements
- Capture system and space vehicle architectures within model-based engineering tools.
- Perform analysis and decomposition of system and subsystem requirements, and lead development of interface control documents.
- Conduct trade studies to support requirement derivation and selection/definition of design elements.
- May support tracking and reporting of system Technical Performance Parameters.
- May contribute to design of Fault, Detection, Isolation, and Recovery strategies.
- Supports requirement verification through the assembly, integration, and test process, including system-level test.
- Contributes to conduct of program design and readiness reviews.
- Support internal development and new business opportunities
- Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Progressive engineering experience as follows; 6+ years of experience with a Bachelors Degree, 4+ years of experience with a Masters Degree, or 2+ years with a PhD.
- Must have prior experience in space domain and satellite segment design.
- Familiarity with the following tools is desired: Cameo, Magic Draw, DOORS, STK, Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence).
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems. Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Active and current TS/SCI clearance preferred but not required.