Process Improvement Engineer
Job Category: Operations
Location: Virginia, United States
Employment Type: Contract
Location Terms: Remote
We are looking for a Process Improvement Engineer to join a SaaS company in the Satellite industry. This is a 3-12 month contract position.
- Conduct thorough analyses of existing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, utilizing strong interpersonal skills to understand current workflows and identify bottlenecks.
- Provide analysis, and come back with game-changing recommendations that change the existing processes (that generated $100million in revenue) that will allow the business to effectively/efficiently scale to $1 billion.
- Combine technical acumen with a keen business sense, to foster innovation, team building and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement strategies for continuous process improvement, integrating feedback from end-users and stakeholders.
- Lead and facilitate process improvement projects using DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) methodology to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and increase overall productivity. Also, teach the team how to do this and give them the knowledge and tools to be able to do this independently.
- Gather and analyze data related to key performance indicators (KPIs) using statistical tools (to measure process effectiveness) and share this knowledge with the wider team.
- Utilize data-driven insights to identify trends and root causes of process issues, providing actionable recommendations for improvement, as well as mentoring the team to utilize this.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, such as automation tools and process optimization software, that can enhance process efficiency.
- Work closely with IT teams to implement and integrate technology solutions into existing processes, ensuring seamless transitions.
- Develop and execute change management plans, considering the human element, to ensure smooth implementation of process improvements and possess excellent management skills to ensure the team adopt this.
- Provide guidance and support to teams adapting to new processes, fostering a positive and collaborative environment.
- Document current and proposed processes, creating clear and comprehensive standard operating procedures (SOPs) for reference.
- Implement and enforce process standardization to ensure consistency across the organization, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand their unique processes and challenges, fostering a holistic approach to process improvement.
- Actively promote a culture of collaboration and knowledge-sharing to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Evaluate the existing talent of the team to ensure they have the right experience and skills.
- Digital and Automation experience.
- The ability to take basic technology designs and build a structure around it.
- Someone who is operations focused, with a commercial mindset.
- Must possess experience in both hardware and software.
- Previous experience at a fast-paced, high-tech business.
- SaaS experience would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree in a relevant discipline is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in process improvement roles, with a proven track record of successfully leading and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to use data-driven insights to make informed decisions.
- Familiarity with process mapping tools, statistical analysis software, and project management methodologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex concepts effectively to diverse audiences, including both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating leadership by influence and collaboration.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely and successful completion. Certified PMP would be highly desirable.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or other relevant process improvement methodologies are highly desirable.
- Ability to bring a tailored and unique set of procedures relevant for the company’s culture.
- A willingness to spend 3-6 weeks in Glasgow, UK.