We are working with a rapidly growing company at the forefront of satellite technology, serving various sectors including commercial, governmental, and scientific missions. Our mission is to democratize access to space.
We’re seeking a systems engineer to contribute to the design and development of our latest generation of satellites. In this role, you will coordinate the efforts of software and hardware engineers, defining and refining requirements, communicating with end users, and ensuring project alignment throughout its lifecycle.
About the Role:
As a member of the Systems Engineering team, you'll play a key role in designing and implementing various smallsats and their subsystems. The position requires clear and efficient communication of technical requirements, starting from high-level customer vision and refining them into testable features.
The systems engineer will also engage in customer communications, evaluating and negotiating technical proposals and solutions.
– Bachelor's or Master's degree in aerospace engineering, electronics, computer science, or similar field
– Experience in nanosat and/or smallsat design and development
– Knowledge of satellite systems, including communication, power, and propulsion subsystems
– Experience in setting requirements between different expertise groups
– Experience in high-level requirements decomposition into well-defined system and subsystem requirements
– Ability to understand and communicate through graphical representations (schematics, sequences, state diagrams)
– Professional requirements writing experience
Requirements Considered an Advantage:
– Proficiency in engineering software and tools for satellite design and analysis (e.g., SolidWorks)
– Experience analyzing mission budgets (power, link, delta-V)
– Familiarity with orbit simulation tools (e.g., STK, GMAT)
– Experience with DFMEA
– Basic working knowledge of programming languages (C/C++ or Python)
– Knowledge of UML/SysML
– Project and Risk management skills
– Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira/Confluence)
– Fast-paced and delivery-focused culture
– Tough engineering challenges & hard-core R&D
– Constant learning and progression
– Chance to join our space educational program
We encourage candidates who are passionate about space technology and eager to contribute to our mission to apply.