SENIOR MACHINE LEARNING (ML) ENGINEER
Hybrid; Full-time (9/80 schedule); Permanent
An exciting Senior Machine Learning (ML) Engineer opportunity has just arisen with a global leader in the field of proven and dependable remotely piloted aircraft, tactical reconnaissance radars, and advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. This position is located in the San Diego area.
In this role you will:
- Develop and communicate descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights/algorithms of limited scope.
- In product/systems improvement projects, uses machine language and statistical modeling techniques to include but not limited to decision trees, logistic regression, Bayesian analysis and others to develop and evaluate algorithms to improve product/system performance, quality, data management and accuracy.
- In both theoretical development environments and specific product design, implementation and improvement environments, uses programming language and technologies to translate algorithms and technical specifications into code.
- Complete programming and implement efficiencies, perform testing and debugging.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Apply deep learning technologies to give computers the capability to visualize, learn and respond to situations of limited scope.
- Lead technical teams and scope challenging projects into executable sprints.
- Drive code reviews to help the team adhere to general DevSecOps and MLOps best practices.
- Adapt ML to areas such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, robotics and other products that allow users to have an interactive experience.
- Interface with external vendors and partners to integrate their technology into the team’s autonomy stack.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Must have an advanced understanding of ML concepts, principles, and theory.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and apply advanced ML knowledge, adapt cutting-edge standard techniques, and utilize the required diagnostics, tools and equipment, while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in developing and leading scalable software architectures from scratch.
- Experience in optimizing AI models to meet edge processing requirements.
- Strong coding skills in Java, Java Script, C/C++, Python.
- Experience in AI frameworks, such as Tensorflow and/or pyTorch.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to architect, design, and develop complex software.
- Technical expertise in the application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Demonstrated recent history of academic quality publications in the area of AI/ML and autonomy.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, computer, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a limited internal audience.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
- Customer-focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Availability to travel as required – Up to c. 25%.
- Holding or being eligible to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Basic salary up to $205k
- Annual bonus
- PTO: 15 days, increasing to 17 after the 1st year
- Matching 401k
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
If you have the expertise and ambition to take on this position, please apply. We are looking forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail.