I am working with an exciting venture-backed startup, who build autonomous solutions for the space industry.
Specializing in cutting-edge satellite technology & solutions, they offer a range of innovative products designed to enhance satellite operations and improve the management of satellite fleets.
These solutions help satellite operators and organizations in the space industry optimize their resources, streamline their processes, and ultimately achieve greater efficiency and performance. Their products cover areas such as satellite tracking, data management, and communication, enabling their clients to better monitor and control their satellite assets. Their technology plays a crucial role in advancing satellite operations and contributing to the ongoing development of space exploration and communication.
You are a self-driven experienced developer with a strong passion for scientific computing and empirical research. You thrive at physics-based domain modeling and characterization, including statistical analyses. You might have a budding interest or even experience in astrodynamics, but most importantly, you are excited to delve deep into a complex technical domain and leverage the expertise of your colleagues to develop excellent, reliable algorithms and tools. You have a strong drive to get things done the right way, but you understand how to balance and prioritize a list of high-priority tasks to maximize your daily impact on the team. You are a team player, and you make the most impact by identifying and resolving pain points from your colleagues.
- Work with domain experts to design and implement complex algorithms in software libraries to be used in both internal tools and production systems
- Develop, improve, and maintain internal software libraries and application software repositories
- Research innovative solutions for complex technical challenges in spaceflight safety
- Create tools and processes to continually validate algorithms and their performance
- Contribute to test pipelines by developing robust test harnesses and improving test performance
- Create and maintain clear and concise documentation for algorithms and software components.
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering, physics, and mathematics. 2 years of experience in relevant fields plus a Bachelor’s degree in engineering may be substituted for a Master’s degree.
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and astrodynamics concepts is a must.
- Familiarity with satellite operations is desired.
- 2+ years of experience with agile software development. Relevant experience
- Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Common scientific computing libraries (NumPy, SciPy, etc)
- System-level software development (C, C++, Rust, etc)
- Familiarity with numerical analysis, especially but not limited to
- Linear algebra
- Physics-based modeling
- Numerical Optimization
- Estimation theory
- Statistical analysis
- Probability theory
- Modeling and simulation
- Denver, CO
Total compensation for this role is Base salary + company equity
Colorado base salary range: $90,000 – $120,000
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Great health insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 401k
- Lunch catered weekly for Colorado office
- Opportunity to have impact on a global scale for space sustainability