Lead Satellite GNC Engineer
We are looking for an experienced GNC Engineer to support small satellite and space nuclear development programs in Colorado. Whether a specific satellite for a specific mission or a constellation of interconnected spacecraft, the Space Systems team is re-defining how customers can access the possibilities of space.
They offer modular and scalable satellite platforms backed with a history of operational flight experience to support defense, civil, commercial, and academic mission requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical oversight, mentorship and work across programs to ensure satellite GNC and attitude determination and controls subsystem (ACS or ADCS) designs meet program requirements.
- Responsible for satellite guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) subsystems through all stages of design integration, test and operations.
- Conduct trades studies for sizing, specification and selection of spacecraft GNC hardware including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management.
- Provide Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) signals knowledge and applicability to satellite GNC and wider applications.
- Develop high fidelity GNC/attitude control algorithms.
- Establish, maintain and execute satellite altitude control simulation software.
- Analyze the stability and robustness of GNC algorithms using control theory and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Support program design and readiness reviews.
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within and engineering team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- May function in an advisory or leadership role for a project/program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation of engineering solution(s) including deployment, resource requirements, testing, documentation, integration and compliance and safety.
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of engineering solutions including, documentation, reporting, publishing, and making technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new developments in engineering technology.
- Participates in or may lead the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- We offer a 9×80 work schedule where you will have every other Friday off.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; fifteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, thirteen or more years of experience with a masters degree, or ten or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have at least 6 years of experience in satellite GNC algorithm/software and/or satellite GNC hardware design/development experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a technical lead with the responsibility of leading development of satellite GNC solutions.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact; and, the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance is required. Active Secret clearance is desired.
$128,130 – $229,358