Lead Model Based Systems Engineering
We are working with a company who are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in space. Whether deploying constellations of interconnected satellites from LEO and cislunar volume or developing nuclear thermal propulsion engines to take explorers further into the solar system, making space more accessible than ever before. This position can be located in California, Colorado, Virginia or Alabama.
They currently have an exciting opportunity to add a Lead MBSE to support model-based development efforts on multiple programs. This team member will also collaborate with our engineering leadership team and architects to mature and implement the digital engineering roadmap.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, mentor and teach engineers to implement and use MBSE tools to capture system designs.
- Lead MBSE Working Groups at the program and enterprise level, to establish model standards and guide model development.
- Review MBSE products for conformance with the system requirements and architecture and established quality standards.
- Support internal development effort to advance MBSE practices and digital engineering
- Conduct trade studies to select digital engineering tools to implement the digital engineering roadmap and meet program requirements.
- Support program teams in development of MBSE work-products to achieve program requirements.
- Contributes to conduct of program design and readiness reviews.
- Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution
- 12+ years of experience with a Bachelors Degree, 10+ years with a Masters Degree, or 7+ years with a PhD.
- Must have prior experience in space domain and satellite segment design.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in leading technical teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the SysML data metamodel for the full engineering lifecycle
- 5+ years of hands-on MBSE experience
- Must have experience with Cameo or MagicDraw
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- TS/SCI security clearance is preferred but not required.