Director of Sales
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Location: Colorado, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Location Terms: Remote
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Sales to lead our sales team and drive our company's revenue growth and execute and tune the go-to-market strategy. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans, building and maintaining strong customer relationships, and leading our sales team to exceed sales targets.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy that aligns with the company's goals and market opportunities.
- Update and document the sales playbook.
- Lead, mentor, and expand the sales team, including hiring and training new team members.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, decision-makers, and influencers within the aerospace and defense industry.
- Understand and communicate the unique value proposition of our software solutions to a diverse range of clients including startup, enterprise, and U.S. government.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to identify and target new sales opportunities and drive lead generation efforts.
- Manage the sales pipeline and ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of sales outcomes.
- Negotiate and close deals with a focus on long-term customer success and satisfaction.
- Provide insights to the product and engineering teams to help shape product development based on market needs and customer feedback.
- Ability to travel as needed to engage with clients, attend industry events, and drive business development efforts.
- Experience with CRM software and sales automation tools.
- Experience selling an ACV of six to seven figures.
- Proven track record of sales leadership and achieving growth targets within the aerospace, defense, or software industry.
- Strong understanding of government contracting processes and compliance requirements for U.S. defense and commercial sectors.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strategic thinker with a results-driven mindset and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of the satellite operations market and related technologies.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- We are a remote-first workplace and value results over where you work from. If you want to work at a WeWork we will make that happen! If not, we provide work from home benefits so you always have a nice place to work, speedy internet, and of course coffee/tea!
- We take work life balance very seriously. We require employees to take 15 days off but provide unlimited PTO and follow most US federal government holidays.
- Mental health is just as important as physical so we provide quarterly health & wellness benefits.
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family with 100% coverage for employees.
- We encourage employees to save for retirement and provide 4% 401(k) matching.
- Each quarter we have a 4-day company offsite. Previous locations include San Francisco, Nashville, Denver, Santa Fe, and New Orleans.
- Our culture and company is evolving. You will be key in creating the next major or minor version!