Aircraft Mechanic II, Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) – Non-Deployable
Job Category: Engineering
Location: California, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Location Terms: On-site
Onsite ; Full-time hourly; 9/80 schedule; Permanent
An exciting Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic II opportunity has just arisen with a global leader in the field of proven and dependable remotely piloted aircraft, tactical reconnaissance radars, and advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. This position is located in the Palmdale area, California.
In this role you will support Test Operations at the Flight Operations Facilities and work on cutting-edge technology utilizing your experience to further the development of new hardware and software, adding new capabilities to airborne sensing and weapons systems, and sustainment customer fleets.
You will be responsible for the entire Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and you will be modifying and configuring aircraft and ground control stations to meet customer-specified test programs, executing ground tests, and supporting flight test activities. This includes flight line activities such as pre-flight, launch and recovery, and post-flight data collection.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Over 2 years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations
- Good organization and planning skills
- Good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to work shifts and additional hours as required
- Holding or being eligible to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Negotiable hourly base rate
- Shift rate (for 2nd and 3rd shifts)
- Paid overtime
If you have the expertise and ambition to take on this position, please apply. We are looking forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail