San Diego based Space comapany are looking for an experienced Solder Assembly Technician to join the team. This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate space company working on exciting earth observation projects with NASA.
Working in the Camera Systems Group, you are a high-level Electronics Assembly Technician working on flight hardware systems.
- Assemble electronic assemblies by following detailed procedures and utilizing solder assembly best practices.
- Creates and maintains detailed assembly records.
- Assists hardware engineers in assembly of prototype, flight electronics and cable harnesses, testing, troubleshooting, and integrating flight electronics with mechanical components.
- Performs other duties as required or requested which may become essential to this position.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent hand soldering, harness wiring, cable building, documentation, organization, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details and ability to work closely with each member of a production team.
- Must read schematics and mechanical drawings.
- J-STD-001 Certification is required. With Space Addendum is preferred.
- Will be required to become NASA certified assembler.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- High-School Graduate / GED. Some college or Trade School / ROP certification desired.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and dependable.