California based Space company are looking for a Senior AOCS Engineer on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity because you will be developing GNC and ADCS systems for spacecraft; playing a key role in ground-breaking missions.
The Senior AOCS Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, test and operation of ADCS and GNC systems for spacecraft. This will include developing estimation and control algorithms for real-time use on-orbit and mission requirements engineering, including detailed sensor and actuator characterization and modelling, whilst also mentoring less experienced engineers and managing priorities across the team.
- MSc or higher in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or other relevant field.
- Algorithm development experience for spacecraft applications.
- Experience developing in Python/ MATLAB.
- Experience programming in C++.
- Development of real-time control & estimation algorithms.
- Expertise in orbital mechanics and spacecraft rigid body dynamics.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Experience working within an Agile based workflow.
- Experience with Git version control.