Belgium based Space company are looking for an experience Project Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a unique opportunity to deliver across the entire project lifecycle from requirements capture to delivery in the most exciting sector right now.
Our client, based in Belgium develop and delivery scientific experiments for research in space, focused on the International Space Station and other microgravity environment.
Working as a key memeber of the project management community, you can expect to be leading teams to deliver projects and develop international opportunities. You will support the Equipment’s Portfolio. You will be responsible for delivery of standard or complex Projects within the Space Integrated Delivery Team and will be tasked with ensuring commitments to internal and external stakeholders are met. These projects have a diverse and complex stakeholder community, both internal and external to the company, with the opportunity to deliver across the project lifecycle from requirements capture and business winning right through into delivery.
- Delivery of standard or complex projects >£3m revenue per annum.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline including customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales.
- Alignment with the technical team to meet the customer requirements and to ensure efficient project execution.
- Ensuring project members operate in line with internal procedures; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts, including prioritization calls, within the project and collaborating.
- Maintenance of project forecasts, both financial and resource (manpower) demand signal, for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate for the size of the project.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to program / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry and maintenance of data onto customer management tools to support your opportunities with all details correct and up to date on order value, order intake scenario, bid due date, closing date, sales stage, revenue profile and up to date notes.
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 2-4 years of leading a business, team, projects, programmes, portfolios and successfully delivering projects.
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level C
- Experience delivering projects to up to 3 different customers.
- Good knowledge of English (written and oral). Knowledge of Dutch is added value.
- Master Degree (or equivalent experience) in appropriate discipline.
- Hold a recognised PM qualification (APM Project Management Qualifications (PMQ), or Prince2) or prepared to follow a training to obtain one.
- Space sector relevant experience or other closely related sectors.