Belgium based space company are looking for a Mechanical and Thermal Systems Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. This is an opportunity to join a very well established company working on the biggest projects in the space sector.
You take the lead in mechanical & thermal project aspects. It starts by understanding the mechanical & thermal requirements and translating these into design and development requirements.
You interact with the design team. You perform the first order mechanical & thermal predictions. You follow-up the integration activities. You plan the various test campaigns and initiate the relevant test procedures. You coordinate and perform the mechanical and thermal testing. You participate to system level verification campaigns.
- You will hold a master degree, preferably in space studies, engineering, electro mechanics, mechatronics or equivalent.
- Fluency in English is an absolute must.
- You must have a minimum of three years working in a similar position in the space industry.
- We expect you to be a pro-active, creative, enthusiastic and result-oriented team player with a broad view.
- The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic result-oriented team player with good communication skills at all levels, with the ability to clearly define approaches and objectives.
- You are passionate about space systems.
- You have practical experience in working with multi-disciplinary team and supplier/subcontractors.
- You have strong technical negotiation capabilities.