A California-based leader in Spacecraft & VTOL technology is looking for a Lead Thermal Engineer on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development of a lunar lander, following the project from early development stages right through to seeing your work land on the moon.
The Lead Thermal Engineer will be responsible for all thermal aspects in the development of a lunar lander. This will include all technical tasks covering all thermal design, modelling & analysis, whilst also mentoring less experienced engineers and managing thermal priorities across the team. You will have a high level of responsibility & autonomy to approach these tasks in the way that you see fit, so the successful candidate will need to be an experienced engineer who is comfortable making key engineering decisions and communicating with customers/suppliers regarding thermal issues.
MAIN SKILLS / DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- BSc or higher in Aerospace Engineering or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years post-graduate experience including hands-on experience with hardware (ideally for spaceflight)
- Experience with thermal analysis and modelling tools, particularly Thermal Desktop
- Knowledge of thermal environment in space, especially heat transfer by radiation
- Experience of modelling thermal effects of thrusters and rockets
- A pragmatic approach to development through all stages of the life cycle - ability to manage balance between traditional requirements and more modern methodologies in a dynamic environment
- A strong passion for the space industry and intrinsic desire to be involved in missions like this!
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S