Denver-based manufacturer of bespoke small satellites is looking for a Lead Payload Systems Engineer to take responsibility for electro-optrical payload design & integration. This is a really interesting role due to the nature of the project and the suppliers involved and is also a key role for our customer.
The Lead Payload Systems Engineer will have technical responsibility for end-to-end development and integration of a free-space optical communication system across a constellation of satellites. He/she will define system architecture and work very closely with various electronic & optical suppliers to ensure specifications are met.
- Definition of electro-optical payload architecture
- Management of requirements throughout the project life-cycle
- Technical management of suppliers through design phases and major reviews
- Close collaboration with the program management, satellite systems engineering and design teams
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field (physics, optical/electronic engineering, systems engineering, space systems, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in satellite systems development and integration
- Knowledge of requirements and standards around electro-optical hardware in space
- Extensive experience in development of active optics, particularly lasers (desirable)