A leading European space company with a fantastic reputation and diverse portfolio of work is looking for an Electronics Systems Engineer to join them on a permanent basis and support the development of spacecraft electronics. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a quite unique team/company, with the backing and stability of a large company and the close-knit family feel of a small private company.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Electronic system design relating to space-borne scientific instruments. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining specifications from system requirements (across HW/SW/FW), flowing down to functional chains and acting as a technical lead through the development life-cycle. This will include concept definition, component and EGSE selection, reviewing equipment level designs, maintaining accurate documentation and being the point of contact wrt. all electronics issues for internal & external contacts.
MAIN SKILLS / DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar technical environment (ideally space)
- Ability to understand and manage system level requirements
- Experience throughout the project life cycle from concept design through development, manufacturing, inspection & testing
- Strong planning & organisational skills
- Fluent written and spoken English