A German-based global leader in satellite technology is looking to appoint a Director of Satcoms Missions & Services on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your knowledge and management experience within the satellite communications market to manage delivery of on-going projects and to shape future plans & strategy with one of the European space sector's biggest names.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Overall leadership of all activities within the satellite communications market, including delivery management of all on-going programs and strategic planning of future programs. This will include definition and implementation of a strategic roadmap based on market trends, continuous improvement of internal development processes, contribution to bids and project management and management of key customer/supplier relations.
- Extensive knowledge & experience within satellite communications, ideally with previous working experience at a major operator addressing mission, space and user ground segments requirements and definitions
- Extensive knowledge of telecom satellite payloads and any technology developments therein
- A proven track record in a senior management role, with responsibility for key strategic decisions based on market knowledge & analysis.
- Strong communication, people-management and organisation skills in a multi-disciplinary environment. Ability to manage workload in order to contribute to Marketing and Sales, Business Development, Project Management, Satellite System Engineering, Ground System Engineering
- Strong negotiation skills in a key customer-facing position
- Fluent written & spoken English. German may also be an advantage