California based satellite imagery client are looking for a Lead Avionics Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to leverage proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
JOB DESCRIPTION: You will be designing, testing, and troubleshooting prototype and space flight systems down to the component level. This role will Include leading a team of electrical engineers along with performing design tasks to support next generation electronics.
- experience designing, testing, and troubleshooting complex board designs and avionics systems In a hardware R&D lab environment
- Extensive knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, and other test equipment
- Expert knowledge of signal Integrity and experience with applying It and Identifying Issues
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc
- Expert knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics
- Expert knowledge of Altium design tools or other similar electronic CAD tools
- Ability to understand an embedded electronics architecture and Identify Its strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with designing high reliability systems Is a bonus
- Experience working on space flight projects