I am working with an exciting venture-backed startup, who build autonomous solutions for the space industry.
Specializing in cutting-edge satellite technology & solutions, they offer a range of innovative products designed to enhance satellite operations and improve the management of satellite fleets.
These solutions help satellite operators and organizations in the space industry optimize their resources, streamline their processes, and ultimately achieve greater efficiency and performance. Their products cover areas such as satellite tracking, data management, and communication, enabling their clients to better monitor and control their satellite assets. Their technology plays a crucial role in advancing satellite operations and contributing to the ongoing development of space exploration and communication.
- Lead the full life cycle of sales and business development for all products and services, including opportunity qualification, providing customer demos, pricing negotiation, and contract signing for customers around the world. (US Government business is not part of this role responsibility, and is managed by a separate Federal-focused team.)
- Grow the commercial and international sales pipeline and track customer needs and requirements for the product offerings
- Identify opportunities to create new products or services to meet customer demands – think outside the box!
- Act as account manager for existing customers, to ensure successful usage and renewal of contracts on an annual basis
- Work with customer success & tech support teammates to answer highly technical questions for users to convey the full value proposition
- Manage proposal responses for customer RFPs, including response strategy, writing, and review
- Work with company leadership to convey “pulse of the customer” for periodic roadmap planning updates
- Support a variety of industry conferences and events (average travel of 25% is expected, or higher in peak event seasons)
You have proven sales or business development experience within the space industry. You aggressively work to drive new sales through all stages of the sales pipeline, from new opportunity discovery to price negotiation and contract signing. You are outgoing and personable, and used to being the face of the company in engagement with other customers and at industry events. You are highly organized, and own the company CRM for updating opportunities, following up with leads, generate accurate forecasts for company leadership, and winning new business for enterprise-level service agreements.
- 7+ years of direct sales experience in the space industry, preferably with selling software, SaaS, and/or engineering services to commercial space companies and government agencies
- Experienced in owning the company CRM day to day (i.e. Hubspot or Salesforce) including tracking individual opportunity status and generating accurate quarterly and annual weighted forecasts
- Fundamental knowledge of basic orbital mechanics concepts, space industry terminology, and cloud computing / SaaS applications
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- B.S. or M.S. preferred in engineering, physics, or computer science, and/or MBA with technical background
This a hybrid role can be based out of Denver, CO OR Washington, DC
Total compensation for this role is Base salary + bonus / commission plan + company equity
Base salary range: $120,000 – $180,000
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Great health insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 401k
- Opportunity to have impact on a global scale for space sustainability