Senior PNT/Communications Systems Engineer
Munich – Hybrid (3x)
At EVONA we are looking for a Senior PNT/Communications Systems Engineer to join our client,
a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, its data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Responsibilities of your role
- Help define system architectures for communication and RF sensing systems, trade-off technical concepts, assess feasibility, select solutions, and help drive execution
- Simulate and model communication systems and RF sensing systems
- Evaluate mission requirements and drive top-level RF system architecture, including for payload and communication subsystems
- Analyze and characterize system performance parameters
- Produce high-quality engineering documentation, typically written reports or design documents suitable for internal and external design reviews.
- Interact with multidisciplinary, international teams
- 5+ years of experience required, with a degree in RF engineering, communication systems engineering, DSP engineering, or similar disciplines.
- Solid background and understanding of digital communication systems, RF receivers, RF hardware and signal-processing software
- Knowledge and understanding of PNT systems
- Demonstrated experience with link budget design and analysis
- Demonstrated experience with communication system architecture
- Demonstrated ability to make trade-offs between cost, complexity, and capabilities for complex systems
- Demonstrated experience working with a cross-functional team of engineers
- Experience writing high-quality technical reports and proposals
- Strong programming capabilities (Python, Matlab, C, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry regulatory requirements and spectrum licensing
- Demonstrated experience with satellite communication systems, including environmental and component reliability requirements
- Demonstrated experience with digital beamforming
- Experience with implementation of communication systems, e.g. software-defined radio, Embedded and DSP programming, FPGA Design/ Programming
- Experience with RF test equipment and processes, e.g. using spectrum analyzers, VNAs, noise sources, signal generators etc. Ideally including working with shielded environments and anechoic chambers
- Demonstrate good analytical and mathematical skills
- Able to write production-level Python code
- RF Hardware design experience in frontend design, antenna design, etc.