SATELLITE GNC ENGINEER (IV + V)
Englewood or Boulder, CO; Herndon, VA; Huntsville, AL; Poway, CA – USA
On-site; Full-time (9/80 schedule); Permanent
An exciting Satellite Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer opportunity has just arisen with a global leader in the satellite field, offering modular and scalable satellite platforms backed with a history of operational flight experience to support defense, civil, commercial, and academic mission requirements.
In summary, in this role you will be responsible for satellite GNC solutions and ADCS subsystem design through design integration, test and operations. You’ll be expected to conduct trade studies for sizing, specification and selection of spacecraft GNC hardware including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management, and also to provide GNSS signals knowledge and applicability to satellite GNC and wider applications, and develop GNC/attitude control algorithms (not limited to).
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Over 4 years of experience as a GNC Engineer in the space domain and satellite segment design (Flexible for PhD holders).
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory – Experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; Expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialities.
- Ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; Organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; Determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and ability to autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to represent an organization as a prime technical contact, and to lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single-component projects.
- Holding or being eligible to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
In return you’ll get (not limited to):
- Annual basic salary up to $190,000
- Annual bonus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- 15 days of PTO (increasing to 17 after the 1st year with the business, and to 22 after the 4th)
If you have the expertise and ambition to take on this position, please apply. We are looking forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail.