Mechanical Test Engineer – Singapore – Up to S$120k / year – Space Sector
We are seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Test Engineer to join our team of deep tech pioneers in Singapore. As we commercialize the future of quantum communications, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects such as quantum space lasers and military-grade secure communications.
- Develop test plans, including thermal vacuum & vibration tests, verification & validation plans, and simulation software.
- Liaise with external facilities and internal technical teams to set up tests and ensure technical solutions survive in required environments.
- Design and outsource the manufacture of test jigs, as well as assist mechanical engineers with ongoing mechanical engineering activities.
- Analyze and correlate simulations and test results, and troubleshoot discrepancies.
- Write comprehensive documentation for tests and processes.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a similar field.
- Familiarity with environmental test tools and processes, including thermal vacuum & vibration tests, verification & validation plans, and simulation software.
- Competent with CAD for designing and outsourcing manufacture of test jigs, as well as assisting mechanical engineers with ongoing mechanical engineering activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Technical Skills:
- Experience in mechanical design, optics modeling, radiation modeling and testing, thermal and mechanical modeling, spacecraft, and scientific instrumentation.
- Any knowledge of quantum technology or QKD would be a bonus
Relocation to Singapore is required, with visas and relocation offered by the company, and we offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and development, as well as flexible and amazing benefits, equity, and bonuses. Apply now and take the first step towards an exciting career in quantum communication!