Senior Technical Engineer
Based in: St. Petersburg, Florida
Work Type: Hybrid
SALARY: $75,000 – $95,000
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
My client is a leading provider of maritime domain awareness, maritime security, and fisheries monitoring systems to the government sector.
Since forming they have pushed the limits of innovation, mitigating growing threats to ships, supply chains, cargo, territorial waters and, most importantly, safety of lives at sea and beyond. Today, they continue to develop and implement pioneering intelligence technologies to protect customer vessels, people, maritime domain, and reputation.
The Senior Technical Engineer will be a key part of the Operations team. This person will be highly skilled with the business knowledge and technical expertise to implement strategies, evaluate processes, and build upon an infrastructure that supports the ever-changing needs of our customers, including working to deliver against government and commercial client’s IT requirements as new opportunities and products emerge. If you are reliable in delivering mission-critical solutions with the goals of accessibility, optimization, and security, you could be our ideal candidate.
- Provide advanced technical support in a 24/7 global support environment.
- Monitor system performance metrics and proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks or issues.
- Develop and implement proactive measures to minimize system downtime and ensure high availability.
- Collaborate with vendors and third-party providers to resolve technical issues.
- Evaluate existing systems and propose enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and security.
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate new applications into the existing infrastructure.
- Evaluate existing systems and infrastructure for improvement opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative work environment and provide mentorship to junior engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, PowerShell
- Skilled at using serial console sessions to log into equipment, e.g. PuTTy
- Experienced T1 and T2 technical support
- AWS experience (Elastic load balances, CloudWatch, Route 53, EC2, Certificate manager, Transfer Family, AWS Manage AD)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field or equivalent working experience
- Advanced training certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
DESIRED SKILLS (Not Required):
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Experience working on an implementation involving FedRAMP, or NIST 800- 53 controls
- Experience in one or more scripting languages: Python, Perl, Unix Shell, Windows Shell
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, ETL, Indexes, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiar with the operation and installation of Internet Protocol (IP) switches and routers
- Ability for up to 10% travel both domestic and international
WORK SCHEDULE NOTE:
While this position is scheduled for a traditional Monday – Friday work week, our systems run 24/7/365 and as such, you may be expected to perform out of hours, on-call support on an as needed basis. This may include weekends and/or holidays and is worked on a rotation system with other team members. Additional compensation may be available for working on-call, standby or holiday hours.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, insurance for employees and dependents (100% covered by the Company)
- Life & Disability insurance
- 20 days annual leave (can buy or sell more days)
- Discretionary corporate bonus available
- Up to a 5% 401K matching
- Gym membership subsidy
- Volunteer Day PTO
- Refer-a-friend recruitment bonus
This is a Public Trust position and requires completion of a State and Federal Criminal History Report (i.e., background check) and may require a Department of Defense security clearance. Current and future employment will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of both the FBI Summary History Report and if designated, a DoD security clearance. This position requires use of or access to information subject to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Accordingly, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of these regulations. Under ITAR, a U.S. person is defined as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or a person who is a protected individual under the immigration and Naturalization Act (8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).