Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about environmental engineering and looking to join a global leader in specialized components and subsystems? We invite you to join our dynamic team as an Environmental Engineer.
In this role, you will play a vital part in ensuring the safety, quality, and reliability of our products, which have applications in medical, aerospace, defense, and industrial sectors. We are at the forefront of technology, crafting advanced solutions that save lives, map our planet, and explore the universe.
Our products are found in hospitals, aircraft, ships, and even outer space. Working with us means contributing to groundbreaking technologies and collaborating with experienced engineers, technicians, and scientists.
As an Environmental Engineer, you will be an integral part of our Environmental Engineering Team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations and best practices within the team.
- Overseeing and executing environmental engineering tests in accordance with relevant standards.
- Supporting the design and manufacture of equipment for mechanical and thermal testing.
- Capturing, analyzing, and presenting test data. – Reviewing test plans to ensure alignment with standards and capabilities.
- Planning and maintaining calibrated equipment and safety standards.
- Liaising with internal and external customers.
- Actively contributing to process improvement and innovation.
- Providing feedback to the design team based on surveys of mechanical interface jigs.
To excel in this role, you should ideally have:
- A relevant degree in engineering or science or equivalent experience.
- Technical understanding of product testing in laboratory or industrial settings.
- Experience in reviewing and meeting technical and project requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive attitude, a problem-solving mindset, and the ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Strong multitasking abilities and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Effective teamwork and independent work skills.
We are able to consider graduates with relevant experience for this position.